Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, July 9, 2018

The Greatest Country on Earth

God Bless America.

I was tempted to leave it at that, because its pure doctrine. But I’m sure some people actually like hearing about my week so I’ll write some more. In general, it was really long and really hot. Tuesday was decent, we had a few lessons at night. Wednesday was a glorious day. It was hot, no one was home, and we had to sit in suits in a hot chapel for a few hours for a training meeting, but that couldn’t take away from the blessing of celebrating freedom. After we got home Elder Johnson and I watched a family across the street light off fireworks for about half an hour, and then we stayed a bit and watched some of the other ones across the valley. We spent Thursday morning cleaning our apartment for inspections, and we had a few lessons that night as well. On Friday, we started the morning with weekly planning. After lunch is when the real fun started. It was one of the hottest, sunniest days of the year so far, and we figured it would be a great idea to spend the afternoon leveling dirt in the backyard of a recent convert. Don’t worry, I only got sunburned a lot. The exhaustion from that carried over into Saturday and Sunday, both of which were suuuper long. But it was a great week, and I’m constantly learning new things!

I once again had the opportunity to finish the Book of Mormon this last week. I think that was probably the fastest I’d read it. I finished it in about 5 weeks, or 45 days, give or take. I thought about trying to power through it one more time before I finish up, but I need to catch up on the Doctrine and Covenants so it probably won’t happen. Once I finish the Doctrine and Covenants, I’ll be able to say I’ve read the entire standard works. Elder Holland said something along the lines that we as a body of saints are grateful for all of God’s words, both received in the past and that we will receive in the future. I add my own witness that all of God’s word is valuable to us. There are lessons that we can learn from every book of scripture. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. It is the word of God and has the power to change our lives for the better. I am looking forward to when we are able to receive more scripture as well.

Once again, God bless America, the land that I love. Have a wonderful week and stay safe!

I almost forgot! I’m trying to figure out some scripture verses that I can “ponderize” over the last stretch of my mission, I want to try and memorize a scripture a day until I head home, and I need your help. If y’all could reply with your favorite verse or passage of scripture along with a reference that would be amazing. Thank you all so much in advance!

Elder Orchard
 
I’m in the business of making my own clothes now. Hit me up if you wanna order something.

Dirt + sweat + wind + socks = some interesting results.

According to our car, it was really really hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment