Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

I’m Not Dead Yet

Well, it’s almost time for me to wrap things up here in Utah. I’ve got a little over a week left here, but I’m making the most of it and the Lord is making the most of me. This next week ought to be a good one, you know try and go out with a bang. I know if its anything like this last one it’ll be especially good!

We had some awesome lessons and have a ton of people progressing towards baptism. We are teaching an investigator from Japan named Emi. We taught about the plan of salvation and then talked about the need for baptism, and when we invited her to be baptized she accepted! We are meeting with her again tomorrow and will know what date she decided to choose to work towards. We also started teaching a couple from California named Raul and Jennifer. We taught them the restoration, and even though their kids were pretty rowdy I know they felt the spirit! We invited them to be baptized. Jennifer said she wants to after she learns more, and Raul was a bit more hesitant but I know he’ll accept as we teach more! We had some other awesome spirit filled lessons this week!

We’re really doing all we can to build trust and fortify our teaching pool. We had a ton of investigators at church this week, so hopefully we’ll see the fruits of our efforts. I might have to see them from a different perspective, but I’m excited nonetheless! We’ll start teaching an eleven year old girl named Sadie tonight, her family is coming back to activity and they’re so ready to start progressing even faster! I’m so glad I have these things to keep me busy or else it would be really hard to focus.

One last thing! I got my travel plans this last Tuesday. For anyone who’s interested, I’m flying home the morning of August 2nd. Between flights and layovers, I’ll be traveling most of the morning and afternoon. My plane is supposed to land around 4:45 p.m. in the Lincoln Airport. A lot of my immediate and extended will be there, so if any of you Nebraska friends are interested in going I’d love to see you too. Just send me a quick email and I’ll give you some other details. Thanks so much everyone for all the support, I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Elder Orchard

No comments:

Post a Comment