Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, July 30, 2018

Requiem

This is it. I never thought this day would come, and more often than not a small part of me wished it never would. I’ve thought a lot about what kind of message I should share in this last letter. It would take too long to recap my mission, so I won’t do that. I’ve learned so many things I can’t possibly fit it all into one email, so I won’t do that. I have more regrets than I care to admit, and I’ve seen more blessings and miracles than I could possible record, so I won’t go over those. The stories I have to share are better told in person, so if you want to hear those than you’ll have to find a time to ask me about them face to face. I’ve shared my testimony on just about every subject I can think of. I know what I know to be true and nothing I ever experience will change that. The most important thing I feel I can testify of at this time is the reality of our Savior Jesus Christ. The only way we can return to live with our Father in Heaven is through His son Jesus Christ. He has commanded us to exercise faith in Him, repent of our sins, and be baptized in His name by someone holding the proper authority. That authority is found only in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There aren’t any exceptions. These things are required for us to receive eternal life, whether we accept them in this life or the next. It’s not eloquent, lengthy, or really even unique, but that’s the most important message any of us can hear and something we all need to come to understand.


I hope I’ve been able to have at least a small influence in your lives. Thanks for putting up with me and my often corny letters. I’m looking forward to the next time I get to talk to you, whether it’s sooner or later. I included all the info for when and where my flight lands, so feel free to be there if you’d like. If you want to keep in touch, my personal email is ethanorchard@gmail.com, or you can add me on Facebook. Reach out to me either way if you want to keep in touch. I’m sure I’ll see all of you at some point in the future, but until then keep it real. I love you all and wish you all the best.Elder Orchard







No comments:

Post a Comment