Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, May 29, 2017

Happy Memorial Day

Hey Everybody!

This week has been pretty good! Some days seemed kind of slow, but overall it still felt like it went by pretty quick. The regular week started off Tuesday morning with our annual Zone Conference. This transfer was one of the combined zone conferences, and it felt so long. The seven hour meeting (which already sounds extremely long) felt like it was about twice as long. I guess there was something I needed to hear and pay attention to. I think I might've figured it out, I guess we'll see!

On Wednesday we had exchanges with our Zone leaders. Elder Kentish, one of our Zone Leaders, came to our area with me, while Elder Davisson went with our other Zone Leader, Elder Pittman. I learned a lot from Elder Kentish and I'm grateful to have him as a Zone leader!

We were finally able to finish digging up a stump that we've been working on for what felt like an eternity. We went back and added up the total amount of time it took to cut down the tree and dig up the stump, and it added up to somewhere around seven hours! At least now I feel like I have somewhat of an idea how to take out a tree stump without any power tools or other things like that. Which, you know, will come in handy so often.

We capped off the week on Saturday with another baptism! Once again, the baptism went off without a hitch and we had a great time. The girl that was baptized was Kylee. Her younger sister was baptized the same day. We got permission to do both of the confirmations at the baptismal service, which was so spiritual. I know I sound like a broken record, but I love baptisms so much. The spirit is always so strong and it is such a faith building experience. With the exception of seeing a family get sealed in the temple, baptisms are the most influential decision a person can make. They truly stand as a witness to the truth and importance of this work.

Those are the highlights of this week. I hope all of you had a great one and have a great Memorial Day! I'll talk to you all next week!

Elder Orchard

A sweet picture we got of the sunset coming into the Salt Lake valley

The tree stump we dug out

A big stack of cups we made when we were bored

A picture from Kylee's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment