Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, May 1, 2017

Serving the Youth!

Hey Everybody!

This week has been pretty good and lots has been happening. One common theme this week has been helping with youth in several ways. On Wednesday, we had the opportunity to talk to a group of young women about the Book of Mormon and share our testimonies. That same night we helped another set of missionaries, Elder Moffatt and Elder Livai, put on their "Elder Games".  On Sunday we taught two different classes of youth. One was a Sunday School class where we talked about the restoration, the other was a combined Aaronic Priesthood where we talked about serving missions in general. I love being able to help the youth, partially because I still feel like one, but also because I feel like I can really make an impact on their lives.

On Sunday night we had two wards that hosted "Walkabouts", where pretty much everyone in the ward just walks around their neighborhood and talks. There were a few host houses that had some refreshments out to facilitate. It was really fun because most of the people we were able to talk to we'd never met before.  Our only opportunity to meet the ward members is if they're in leadership, they fellowship someone we're teaching, they have us over for dinner, or we happen to talk to them after sacrament. I guess looking back that seems like a lot of ways to meet people, but I promise we don't meet as many as you'd think! All in all, it was a pretty fun social activity that I feel had a lot of benefit.

Two big things happened this morning: we had our district activity and received our transfer calls! For the district activity, we played "archery tag", which is pretty much Dodgeball with bows and arrows. I would recommend it to everyone, it was probably the funnest district activity we've had so far. The only downside is that our face masks got fogged up way fast and made it hard to see. I give it a 10 out 10 and would recommend it to anyone!

For transfer calls, we got some big news. Elder Johnson will be going down to Pleasant Grove and Cedar Hills with Elder Diamond. I'm sad to see home go, its been a great two transfers with him! I'll be getting Elder Davisson, who came into the mission the same time as me. The most exciting part is that our district is being realigned and I've been assigned to be district leader! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. It's a big responsibility that I'm looking forward to taking on.

That's it for me, I hope you all have a great week! I'm grateful for all of you support and prayers and I look forward to hearing from those who write!

Elder Orchard





No comments:

Post a Comment