Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Whom the Lord calls He qualifies

Hey Everybody!

This past week has been pretty great! As you might already know, last Monday we got transfer calls. I was told I would be staying in the area and Elder Johnson would be leaving. Due to his departure, we spent a majority of Tuesday stuck in our apartment because Elder Johnson had to pack. We then spent most of that night running around to as many houses as we could so that Elder Johnson could say bye. It was pretty hectic!

The next morning was transfer day. I love transfer day because its pretty much an unofficial mission get-together at the mission office. You get to see all of your missionary friends, catch up with others, and sort of just stand around talking. It's a blast! In due time, my new companion, Elder Davisson, and I decided we should probably head to our area. Elder Davisson is a great Elder, he is from Indiana and is the oldest of eight kids. And I thought I had a lot of siblings! He likes sports a lot, so we get along pretty well. He's also a big nerd, but so am I, so it all works out!

Thursday morning was my first district meeting as a district leader. I thought I was probably going to have a heart attack, I was so nervous. Fortunately, whom the Lord calls he qualifies. I can say 100% without a doubt that I had some assistance from the Spirit all throughout the meeting. Our district is pretty great, we're a diverse group and we all get along pretty well (so far, at least).

Other than that, not too much has happened this week. We have a baptism coming up this next Saturday, which is pretty exciting! We also have Mother's Day calls this coming Sunday, which is even more exciting!! I'm not sure how that will work out on my part, I may have to wait until the Monday after next due to family circumstances, but whenever it happens, I'm super excited for it! I hope everyone has a great week, thanks for all of the support and prayers!

Elder Orchard



Getting some groceries



Snow? Nope, just spring-time tree blooms

 I stole Elder Johnson's glasses just to see how I looked in them

No comments:

Post a Comment