Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, February 26, 2018

What a Week!

Hey Everybody!

I hope everyone is having a great week, I know that I certainly am. What a week this last one was! The highlight for sure was getting to see the Weilacher family enter the waters of baptism! It was so incredible and such a spiritual service. The whole family except the oldest daughter was baptized. It is such an amazing opportunity because even though I just got into the area and have only taught them once or twice I still love them already and have so much happiness for them as a family! There were so many people at the baptismal service that we had to hold it in the chapel, and we had to squeeze into the room with the font.

So I guess just a few other cool things this week, One is that I got to interview this guy named Fernando for baptism. He’s an amazing guy and I’m so happy he was able to get baptized! Also we gave two talks in sacrament meeting this week. My first one was on a few parts of the plan of salvation. I talked for 15 minutes about how the Atonement of Jesus Christ provides cleansing from sin, succor in our trials, and the gift of resurrection. I also talked about the importance of living righteously so that our families can live together forever. In my second talk, I talked about the blessings and freedom that are the results of obedience, and the bondage that comes because of disobedience. I have a very real and very strong witness of all the topics I was able to share my insights on. I feel particularly strongly about the restored truth of the eternal family. I’ve witnessed the power that knowledge brings into the lives of people I’ve taught, and more evidently in my own life. Anyone who’s struggling with loss can have peace in knowing that we’ll be reunited with our loved ones again. I can’t adequately describe how much I know that that is true.

I hope I’m able to provide some kind of comfort to others through my thoughts and emails. I’m eternally grateful for all of those who have blessed my life and I want to do what I can to pay it back. I hope everyone is safe in all they do and I’m looking forward to writing again next week. Until then!

Elder Orchard

The Weilacher Family

Saw a pretty cool book about the history of the world the other day

Sole the snow loving dog

No comments:

Post a Comment