Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, June 19, 2017

Just Another Ordinary Week

Hey Everybody!

I'm gonna be honest with you up front, this week was pretty slow and not a whole lot happened. I'll try to make it interesting and I've got some good pictures, so hopefully everyone enjoys!

One of the highlights from this last week was our interviews with President Killpack. I always look forward to the opportunity to meet one on one with President! Even though we usually have to fast track some of the interviews due to getting behind, including mine because I'm pretty easygoing and almost never have any problems, the five or six minutes we had together were still very beneficial and uplifting! I'm glad that we have this opportunity every transfer!

Sunday was a pretty typical Sunday for us. We got to spend from 7:30 to 2:30 in sacrament and other meetings. This last week, one of the stakes we covered had their stake trek, which is where all of the youth that sign up to do it get to go to some remote place and pull around a multi-hundred pound hand cart in the blazing heat, all while wearing really old looking clothing. I'm sure you're probably wondering "Why in the heck would anyone do that?", but it really is an awesome experience. The purpose is to give the youth a sliver of what it was like for the pioneers to cross the plains back in the 1800s. While we didn't go on Trek ourselves, all of the testimonies and experiences that people shared really made me reminisce back to when I went on Trek and had such an awesome experience. The friendships I made there are some of the stronger ones I have to this day!

This morning we got to go the the Killpack's home as a zone for breakfast, then we went to a nearby park and played games for a while. Some of the things we played were Kuub, which is where you have wooden blocks that you throw at your opponents wooden blocks. The best way I can describe it is a mix between bowling and chess. We also played volleyball and Frisbee. It was a great time all around!

That's all I got. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys the nice summer weather!

Elder Orchard

1) Our district this transfer from left to right: Sister Quinteros, Sister Solis, Elder Yoshida, Yours truly, Elder Halliday, and Elder Williams
2) A picture one of my brothers made for my dad for Father's Day. I liked it so much I had to include it
3)-5) We got to play with some Boas at one of our dinners this last week

Our district this transfer from left to right: Sister Quinteros, Sister Solis, Elder Yoshida, Yours truly, Elder Halliday, and Elder Williams

A picture one of my brothers made for my dad for Father's Day. I liked it so much I had to include it


 We got to play with some Boas at one of our dinners this last week: 



No comments:

Post a Comment