Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, April 3, 2017

General Conference & Service

Hey everybody!

We've had a great week this past week, especially with General Conference this last weekend. What an amazing opportunity it was to hear from our beloved prophet! I can't wait to tell you all about it and the many other great things that have happened!

This last week we had the opportunity to do lots of service. Most of it took place on Friday, so that was a pretty busy day for us. We started out in the morning by spending time with a few seminary classes at one of the high schools in our area. We pretty much taught the class period by talking about missions, answering questions, and doing an example teaching situation. It was great to get to see all of the youth participate, and we hope that we were able to have a lasting impact on them!

After that, we helped a part member family move across town into their new house. We didn't have anything else planned for the day, so we pretty much used all of our time just helping them move their things. For the first couple of hours we were helping them, we were in white shirts and ties because we still had dinner later in the day. After dinner we were able to change into some actual work clothes and more effectively help them with the process. I love having the opportunity to serve others and being an example of our Savior!

The highlight of this last week was obviously General Conference, as I mentioned earlier. I think this General Conference probably had more of an effect on me than any other conference so far. For both of the Saturday sessions, my companion and I just stayed home and watched. We tried to find someone to watch with, but so many people were out of town that we couldn't find anyone who was available. It's really kind of disheartening to see how many people take Conference for granted out here. We watched the priesthood session at a chapel, as per usual.

Yesterday morning my companion and I had the wonderful opportunity of attending General Conference in person. I would recommend everyone take the opportunity at least once in their life to attend a live session of conference. There is nothing that compares to the enormous outpouring of the spirit felt there. It was particularly special because we were able to be present in person when President Monson spoke. I've looked forward to having the opportunity to hear him speak ever since he was ordained president of the church. I hope he is able to preside at the next conference in October.

Other than Conference and service, our week was pretty typical. I am grateful for the many things I was able to learn this week, and I am looking forward to further learning and growth in the coming weeks! I hope you all have a wonderful week and I look forward to writing again next week!

Elder Orchard


Elder Johnson and Me in the Conference Center

Elder Johnson and Me in front of the Salt Lake City Temple

Some trees in our area that are starting to blossom. They look
awesome, but they don't smell too great.



No comments:

Post a Comment