Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Hey everyone!

This week hasn't been too busy, so I don't have too much to talk about. I'll do what I can to include the exciting things that happened though!

On Tuesday Elder Johnson had to go to the dentist because he thought he might've chipped a tooth and wanted to get it checked out. There wasn't anything to worry about, and the dentist gave him the check up for free, so that was great. While I was sitting in the waiting room, I was reading my scriptures and I noticed they had an Xbox set up for those waiting. I had to laugh because their forms of entertainment were just a bit dated, but it took me back to the good old days of gaming. It almost even made me want to bust out our old Xbox when I get home and play some classics. Of course I didn't play it, that would be just a bit against the rules, but it was still fun to see.

We had a few more opportunities to do service this week. We helped one of our Ward Mission Leaders move some shelves into his basement. He repayed us by making us some pizza and telling us some gruesome construction stories. The pizza didn't taste so good after the first piece.  On Saturday we helped set up chairs for a funeral, then came back later to take some of the chairs down and put up tables for a luncheon, then came back a third time to help clean up after the luncheon and set up for church the next day. It wasn't much, but I always love the opportunity to serve others!

Yesterday we spent about seven hours in church, which is our typical Sunday schedule. It was an especially long seven hours because it was fast Sunday. Let me tell you, there are some interesting testimonies that are presented every time we have fast and testimony meeting. There are so many that are spiritually uplifting though, so it evens out. I would even say it goes beyond and makes it well beyond worth it. At the end of the day, I'm always glad that I have the opportunity to attend three sacraments every week

The rest of the week was pretty normal. We taught lessons, helped people feel the spirit, and tried to be examples of Christ in all that we could. I love the opportunity that I have to dedicate two years to serving him and others. I hope that I can be a positive influence on those here in Utah as well as those back home in Nebraska. I hope everyone has an awesome week!

Elder Orchard










No comments:

Post a Comment