Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Ups and Downs

Hey everybody!

So another week has flown by, and not a whole lot has changed. Pretty much just doing the same thing every day, trying to find people to teach, having more dinners then there are days of the week, and getting honked at by people we've never met. It has its ups and downs, but being a missionary never ceases to be a blessing in my life.

The week started off pretty good. On Tuesday, we had the opportunity to have lunch with one of the several bishops in our area. We went to this place called Galilee Grill, which had legitimately authentic Israeli food. It was a really good lunch, not only because it was really good food, but because the bishop we ate with is missionary minded and was very beneficial in helping us find more work in his Ward. We will definitely be working with him more often, and I'm excited for the progress that will come because of it.

After that, the week kind of went downhill. We already didn't have a whole lot of lessons planned, and a lot of the ones we had planned ended up falling through. It kind of bummed us out. Fortunately, we had a fair amount of unplanned lessons pop up here and there, so we were able to save our week. Even with those teaching opportunities we had a ton of free time, and we spent most of it unsuccessfully trying to contact any nonmembers in our area book that might be interested.

Sunday turned out to be a really good day. My companion and I decided that we were going to fast for opportunities to teach people, and it was definitely effective. We got to go to three different sacrament meetings, and one of them was a primary program. The last Ward we went to, we decided to stay all three hours. In the second hour, we ended up having a lesson with a lady that is trying to work back towards activity. We ended up having three more lessons that day, which is the most we've had in a single day since the the beginning of the transfer. We also had two dinners that day because we forgot we'd already planned one and set up a second one. All in all, it was a pretty good day.

This morning, we decided we wanted to go hiking again. I think we are going to make it a weekly thing. We had to get up and leave by 5:00 because the guy that we go with had to be to work at 8:00. It was tough because we're still out of shape, but it was worth it. Unfortunately it was too dark to take any pictures. That led into the rest of p-day, which is the same as always. It's been a good week, and I look forward to next Monday when I can write again. Until next time!

Elder Orchard

No comments:

Post a Comment