Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, October 24, 2016

A Force for Good!

Hey everybody!

Another week is in the books. Most of the week was pretty uneventful, doing the same things as always, but there were a few shining moments that really stood out from the norm. I'm thankful for these opportunities, and I'm grateful that I can share them with all of you. The blessings that come from missionary work not only have a positive influence on us and those we work with, but I know that they can be a force for good in everyone's life.

As I mentioned earlier, most of the week was the same as always. We had to give up the car again Wednesday, so we've been trekking to and fro trying to make the most of our time. We continue to get better at walking and biking up the hills. One thing I look forward to down the road is coming back to flatland and being able to take deep breaths again. It's one of those "you never know how good you have it until it's gone" things. Nonetheless, I know that the challenges and trials, physical and mental, are Heaven sent to help me grow and develop. I can't help but be thankful for the love Heavenly Father has for me giving me opportunities to improve.

In complete contrast to the rest of the week, Saturday was actually quite eventful. The morning started off great with the baptism of a young investigator from my old area. That's one of the great things about serving in Utah, it's incredibly easy to go back for the baptism of someone you've taught previously. The baptism was a small event with only a few close family and friends attending, and the spirit was very strong throughout. I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of it.

After the baptism, we had the wonderful opportunity to attend a sealing. The family that was sealed was one that had been meeting with missionaries for a while, and I came in on the tail end of the lessons. We were able to get permission to go to the sealing, which was in Payson. The Payson temple is beautiful, and I was honored to be able to attend. The family that was sealed is an awesome family and I loved being able to spend time with them. They took us to eat at a place called Chuck-A-Rama and told us we were part of the family now. It was an awesome experience overall.

That is about all of the highlights of the week. I am continuously grateful for all of the love and support provided. I look forward to writing again next week!

Elder Orchard






No comments:

Post a Comment