Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

When You Reach for the Sacrament, You Reach for the Savior

Hey Everybody!

This week has been great! We were able to do some pretty fun things! On Tuesday we had the opportunity to go to the MTC open house and help with the tours. We basically just stood there and told people where to walk. They showed us around a bit afterward, so that was pretty cool. On Thursday we did exchanges with some of the other Elders in the district, I stayed in the area with Elder Aisea. The next day we had our Combined District Meeting. I had the opportunity to give a training on how to better find people to teach by working with members and leadership. On Sunday we were pretty busy. We taught sharing time in primary in one of our wards, then we taught the teacher's council in another ward, then we went to a ward walkabout in the same ward we taught Primary and got to interact with some of the members in that ward. We totally schooled a bunch of Primary kids in some pickup basketball, haha!

One of the more interesting things I did this week was crash my bike twice. Luckily the only thing that was hurt was my pride. I didn't get any holes in my pants or shirts! The second time I was in my suit coat and just rolled through the crash. I was totally fine, and so was my suit! I sent my bike in today to get it worked on a bit. It's probably the best, the back brakes weren't working and the front brakes were about on their last leg.

One more thing I'd like to share were my thoughts during one of the Sacrament meetings this last Sunday. The day before, I had gone to the church's website at lds.org, and one of the stories on the front page had the title "When You Reach for the Sacrament, You Reach for the Savior". This had a really big impact on me and it helped me to appreciate the sacrament more. The Savior not only gave us a way to remember Him through the Sacrament, but when we take the Sacrament we are able to access the power of His grace and accept it into our lives. When we take the Sacrament, we reach up to the hand that he readily offers to help us up and cleanse us of our mistakes. I'm so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Orchard


The new addition to the Provo MTC

Training to be an umbrella model

Some of the murals from the MTC additions

Some of the murals from the MTC additions

Our zone after our combined district meeting

Our zone at our zone activity today (we played nine-square)

No comments:

Post a Comment