Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, July 17, 2017

Happy 4th! (belated)

Hey Everybody!

This week has been pretty eventful, it practically flew by! We started off the week on Tuesday, as you all know, with the Fourth of July! We had the opportunity to walk in the Freedom Festival parade as a mission, along with the Provo mission. It was awesome because I got to see my friend who is serving in the Provo Mission, Elder Richardson. It's been something like 4 or 5 years since I've seen him in person, so it was a great opportunity to see him! The parade was long and hot, but we got tons of applause and it felt awesome to have so many people cheering! After the parade, we spent some time with a family that we are hoping to start teaching soon. When 7:00 pm hit, we had to go into our apartment and stay there for he rest of the night. We mostly just studied and watched videos the rest of the night.

When Thursday rolled around, we had our transfer Zone Conference. I was especially excited for this Zone Conference, which was adapted to this month's training focus and centered on Jesus Christ. There were tons of awesome training, especially from President Killpack. The spirit was so strong the entire time! Afterwards, we had lunch with another zone, then we all went and took pictures in front of the temple. I probably won't be able to send those until next week though.

On Saturday, we had exchanges with the other Elders in our district. I went with Elder Williams in his area. He's a super solid missionary that I hope I have more opportunities to serve around the rest of my mission! The next day, Elder Yoshida and I had the opportunity to speak in a sacrament meeting. I was a bit bummed because we only had 5 minutes to speak apiece. I spoke on agency, some ways that Satan tries to make us abuse our agency, and how we can use our agency to return to live with Heavenly Father through choosing to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That about wraps up this week! Just a heads up for next week, we'll be getting our transfer calls next Monday, and transfers will be the Wednesday after that. So this could be my last full week with Elder Yoshida in Alpine. We'll see!

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Orchard



My dear friend Elder Richardson, I miss him (again) already

Some of Elder Yoshida's friends that he met while they were serving
in Japan, they let me get in the picture


A new dog that my family picked up on the 4th, yet another change
for when I come home. Her name is Luna, she is 1/2 Belgian Malinois,
1/4 Husky, and 1/4 St. Bernard, so there's a chance she'll be a pretty
big dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment