Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, February 13, 2017

Too Many Fruit Snacks!

Hey everybody! This last week has been pretty normal. As always, there were a few things exciting that happened, but for the most part it was a pretty typical week. I'll include a few highlights that made this last week unique.

On Wednesday night we had a lesson with one of our new investigators. This is the second time we've taught them, and we decided to try and set a baptismal date for them. They accepted, and we are shooting for the last Saturday before the end of the transfer. We have another investigator we are working with. They have a baptismal date for after the end of the transfer, but we have faith that when we finish the discussions they will realize it would be better to just go ahead with it rather than to wait. The last news we have teaching wise is that we got a new investigator. He shows a lot of promise. He was taught by missionaries before and was even had a baptism date, but he backed out because he didn't feel like he was doing it for the right reasons. We have faith that as we continue to teach him, he will realize the importance of baptism and why it is such an important ordinance. We know that through faith, and with the help of the Lord, all things are possible!

The biggest difference between this last week and other weeks is that my companion, Elder Johnson, and I ate about a thousand fruit snacks. We bought enough to fill a display jar and just kept snacking on them throughout the week. Sometimes, like last Friday during weekly planning, we would just sit there and eat a steady stream for upwards of half an hour. I can tell you this much, eating that many fruit snacks is not good for the body. I know this because I felt terrible all week. I think it even contributed to me getting a little sick. That, and I wasn't sleeping the greatest because I'm in a new apartment. I've had plenty of time to adjust now and the fruit snacks are gone, so I'm feeling a lot better now and, hopefully, my health will be better this next week.

One interesting thing that happened was that our Area Book app, the thing that we rely on for our planner and source of information, crashed for about 8 hours on Saturday. It was really a burden because we couldn't see anything that we had planned and couldn't find any information that would help us contact people in our area. Apparently it was a worldwide problem too. Luckily they were able to fix it before too long, so we were able to have some help in the work. Nobody was really surprised about it because the app is really buggy and crashes all the time anyway. We have a saying about the app: "The idea is inspired, but the programming is not". I can't express how true that is.

Today was a pretty exciting day. We told a member about how we are kind of bored on p-days, so they bought us a ton of stuff to help keep us entertained. Some of these things included: a ping-pong set that is adjustable and fits in any size of table; a badminton set that you can play indoors; an air hockey set that is supposed to work on any surface (we haven't tried it yet, so there isn't any proof); a big thing called "Chillbo Baggins" that fills with air and is super comfy to lay on; and a rugby ball to play catch with. They also gave me a bath robe which is super comfy too. Needless to say, they're one of my favorite member families now.

Well, other than that it was a pretty regular week. I know that this next week will be exciting and filled with miracles that will help the work progress. I can't wait to see the Lords hand in my life and have the opportunity to be an instrument in his hands in progressing his work. I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Orchard

Squaring up for ping pong!

Chillin' on the Chillbo Baggins.

No comments:

Post a Comment