Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, January 9, 2017

Hey everybody!

These last few weeks have been rather eventful. We were able to end the year with a great week, and then turn around and start the year with an even better week. We've been working hard, and our efforts are as fruitful as ever!

A little over a week ago, we had our New Year's Eve celebration. Since it would've been almost useless to try and proselyte in the evening with everyone having parties, we gathered as a district in a chapel and spent the evening there. We were able to watch Ephraim's Rescue, which is a fantastic movie. It is a great movie because the central theme of the movie is being ready and worthy when the Lord calls upon us to serve. I have noticed this principle in my missionary work as I've done my best to serve the Lord. We never know when we will be needed to administer to those who are less fortunate than us. I've striven to keep myself as worthy as I can because I could be called at any time to help someone in need. That kind of responsibility is expected as a full-time missionary, but it is a principle that we should all challenge ourselves to live by. The rest of the night after we finished the movie we spent playing Apples to Apples. At 9:00, we had our own little New Year's Eve celebration with just us. After that we had to go home and attend to our regular night time schedule.

The following Monday was pretty interesting. We spent most of the day just relaxing because that's the best thing to do on Mondays. It snowed most of the day, so driving around was pretty interesting. When 6:00 rolled around, there were plenty of people who needed help shoveling snow, so we got right on it. One of my favorite things that I've had so many opportunities to do on my mission has been to serve others. It is so fulfilling to see someone in need and provide an act of kindness and love for them. I look forward to every opportunity to serve.

On Wednesday, we had our Zone Interviews with President Killpack. This time in the transfer is fantastic because each Elder and Sister in the mission has the opportunity to sit down with our loving mission president and receive individual council for ourselves and our areas. I love having the opportunity to talk one on one with President Killpack. He always helps me to see the best in myself and reminds me that I am a consecrated servant of Jesus Christ. This aid that he gives to all of the missionaries sustains us throughout the transfer.

The highlight of this last week was when I was able to baptize a convert  women. Although I had no part in teaching her, Elder Fairbanks and I were the Elders who found her, and she took a strong liking to us because we visited her occasionally at the Wendy's where she worked. When the time finally came around for her to be baptized, she asked if I would do the honor. I was nervous at first because she is the first person that I have ever baptized. It all went well though, and the spirit was so strong throughout the entire service. I look forward to the opportunity to participate in the sacred ordinance of baptism in the future because of how much it helps to strengthen my testimony and those who attend.

All in all, these last few weeks have been pretty fantastic. I hope and pray that they are a reflection of how the rest of my mission goes. It is strange to think that before too long, I will hit my 6 month mark. I can't believe I am almost a quarter of the way through my ministry already. Well, I look forward to hearing from all of you, and I am grateful for all of the love and support that I feel daily. I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Orchard



No comments:

Post a Comment