Timpanogos Temple

Timpanogos Temple

Monday, November 14, 2016

Life is Good!

Hey everyone!

This last week has been pretty exciting with transfers. We got to stay in the same apartment, but since we whitewashed two new Stakes, there were still plenty of changes. My companion, Elder Fairbanks, was made the new district leader. It's been interesting seeing him handle that change. All in all, it was a fun week, with a few exceptions.

Wednesday morning was the day of the transfers. Since we didn't have to pack anything up or move, it was pretty relaxing for us. For other missionaries, not so much. We drove the Elders whose Stakes we were adopting to the mission office because they didn't have a car, so we still got to see all of the transfer fun. It's always great when a lot of missionaries gather together in one place because you get to see some of your friends that you haven't seen for a while. It's nice getting to catch up with everyone before we all have to separate. The days following the transfer were pretty great. We have a car full time now, so we don't have to walk up and down all of the hills in Orem anymore. Also, we have restaurants in our area again. That, combined with a car to get there, is a big plus. Our favorite restaurant, Kneaders, which is practically Panera Bread, is in our area, so we can go whenever we want. The best part is that we almost never have to pay when we go. There are so many friendly members around here who are more than willing to help out the missionaries.

We found out early this week that the Elders had been scheduled to talk in one of the Wards that we picked up. Luckily, we didn't have anything going on during that time, so it worked out. I've actually been looking forward to the opportunity to talk in a sacrament meeting since I left on my mission. I was excited because whenever I'd had the opportunity to talk back home, I'd sloughed it off until the last minute and never really put any effort into it. I took the bull by the horns and really put a lot of effort into it. And by that, I mean I started working on it the day before instead of the morning of. Surprisingly, I was actually over prepared. All went well, and I feel pretty confident in how well I was able to convey the message and help the Ward feel the spirit. Someone was sweet enough to tell me that I sounded like I was three months from going home, rather then three months out. It was a great experience that I look forward to doing again.

The last few days of the week were a bit rough. I started to get congested, and that contributed to a nagging headache. I finally realized that I most likely had a cold, so I decided to take action. I pumped vitamin C into my body like crazy. I think I had about 8 packets of Emergen-C, each of them having an insane amount of vitamins and such. I'm starting to feel better now, so I think it's working. I'm glad I can get back to 100% and focus all my energy on missionary work.

I would say that, overall, it's been a good week. It went by pretty quick, and we've got a lot of teaching opportunities coming our way in the near future. I am constantly edified by all of the support and prayers. I love you all and hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Elder Orchard

Kneaders!


My companion, Elder Fairbanks

No comments:

Post a Comment